Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Front Porch View


In the early morning hours,
I gather up my Bible
and head out to my porch,
Where I am anything but idle.
~
I see God's mercies
And hear the sounds,
Of His glory and beauty
All around!
~
I look up
and there I see
a Rabbit running
wild and free.
~
He pauses here
and dashes there,
I see God's Wonders
Everywhere!
~
Worship begins
to fill my heart,
I read His Word
and my day does start.
~
I ponder as
the trees I see,
dancing in the wind
So blissful and free!
~
My spirit is alive
and Praise begins,
Father your Creation
brings a Hallowed Amen!
~
I look up
And see the sky,
all colors of blue,
White clouds floating by.
~
My spirit soars
As I read His Word,
I know beyond a doubt,
My prayers are being heard.
~
My front porch
has become a Sanctuary,
Where I meet my God
And there we tarry.
~
Surrounded by the Glory
of the Living King,
My Spirit rejoices,
and Inside Praises ring.
~
Each day I meet
My God out there,
On my Front Porch
Where He makes me aware!
~
And Through His eyes
I suddenly see,
That Nature was meant
To restore You and Me!
~
Lord you have created
This World for us,
Let us not miss the blessings
And in You, put our trust.
~
Wildlife, trees,
Flowers in bloom,
You have arranged all this
So doubt has no room!
~
It thrills my soul,
When a deer strolls by,
Those deep dark eyes,
All their needs, You supply!
~
I thank you
for my front porch view,
Where I sit and ponder
And share my thoughts with You!
~
© Mary Ann Trott, Alberta
July 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment