Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bitter Painful Days

   I've been hurt many times from others words and actoins. And I am sure you have also. I've also hurt to many people from something I said or did, or both.
   Why? What makes us be rude, uncaring, and unthoughtful towards others? What makes us say impatient, rude, cutting words?
   I believe it is a lack of Christ's righteousness in our lives! Instead of having Christ's character of meekness, patience and selfless love, we are filled with self exaltation, love of self pleasing, and pride.
   I personally have struggled greatly with pride. Pride is a horrible thing and ruins to many a poor soul. Those who are proud and selfish aren't one bit happy! To them life is one big bitter journey.
   I can remember many an incidence when I wanted to be kind and loving but sadly my horrible pride overruled. Over time my pride grew, and grew until I was nearly ALL selfishness and pride.
       But than... I crashed! 
   I was tired...very tired, broken, hurt, and horrible unhappy. I hated myself and life! Life wasn't anything but bitter painful days. I didn't see any worth in life or reason to life. Christ wasn't real to me. He was like a fairy tale that everyone said was out there but I never saw Him.
   But, praise God, He showed me my horrible state and showed me a way out. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute God has been changing me. Giving me a new heart. He is replacing my rock hard heart with a heart of purity, of love, of meekness, of unselfishness-a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 says, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." Jesus promised us this and all we have to do is come to Him as we are, pour all we have at Christ's feet and follow Him. Jesus already paid the price for you! It is a free gift from God, and all you must do is ask Him.
   He is longing to come into you, create a new heart in you and give you the love and joy in living in Him! It is simply a prayer away!
   The way won't be easy but with Christ by yourside, giving you strength you will be able to overcome your pride, and selfishness. I assure you, you can for "with men this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26.

    Look to Christ! The more you look upon Him and His glory the more you'll become like Him.

   "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment