Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Most Cherished Desire...Shattered...

   We've all had 'dreams'. Some small, some big, some that are small but big in our minds and hearts.
Have you ever had 'dreams' shattered? And it just didn't work out like you had so desired? I know I surely have! Some 'dreams' I've cherished a very long time, others more resent, some I cherish more and for me it always seems like the ones I cherish most are the ones that get shattered.
I'm sure you can relate in some way or another.
   When I was 11 years old a desire sprung up in my heart and the desire grew throughout the years till it was very dear to my heart. I prayed and prayed and 'dreamed' someday it would come true.
   Somedays the 'dream' would seem quite possible and other days totally impossible but I still held on to the smallest of hope.

   Days turned into months, and months into years. With each day that passed my desire kept becoming more and more dear to me. And I cherished it above every other desire by far.
   The day I most dreaded and hoped would never come, came. As my mind processed the information, that it wasn't possible, and that my 'dream' be given up, I felt helpless. Totally helpless. A feeling I had never experienced before. All I wanted to do was talk to my best Friend. I knew He was beside me. He saw the pain in my eyes, and felt the tearing hurt in my heart. He understood and I felt as if Jesus' loving and strong arm was about me leading me up to the throne of God, as I walked up to my room. I closed the door behind me, fell down on my knees and begged God to take the closest and most cherished desire of my heart...away! I knew He has greater and more amazing plans for me but that I needed Him to help me trust Him fully. As I ended my prayer these were some of my last words:
   "Lord, please forgive me for not trusting you like I should and trying to control my own life! Please help me to fully trust You, wait for Your guiding, and trust that whatever happens is just part of the beautiful picture You are in the process of painting".

   Yes, God has a beautiful picture He is painting And if we don't get in His way it will unfold perfectly. Who knows, maybe God will work a miracle and someday that desire of mine will come true. But if not, He has a way more awesome plan and it will come in His time.
   As the words processed, Jesus was tugging on my heart to trust Him! And I believe that little things like these, that are big to us, God uses to teach us to trust Him fully in everything.

   Maybe you have a desire that is very dear to you but looks totally impossible. Maybe God has a greater plan for you but you just don't see how anything could ever work...Or maybe God is just using this as a tool to teach you full surrender and trust in Him, and someday it will come true. But give it to Christ. Ask Him to help you trust Him fully! In His perfect time you will see the beautiful picture He is painting unfold, and it will be past any awesome plan you could ever dream of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment